Thursday, November 20, 2014

Need to Breath

True inspiration rarely comes in a way that you expect it should. In fact, I sat at my laptop almost daily with a lack of ideas and writing desire. The fact is, my love for writing is hindered by lack of true inspiration. I often wonder want kind of life one must live in order to find that kind of inspiration on a daily basis. I cant imagine an artist or writer who has had that experience and didn't border on insanity. Perhaps it takes insanity to find it, not the other way around. None the less, today I write now due to true inspiration but out of need; a need to write, to breath. Its like I've been going without air these past few weeks.

Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I am doing well with my personal journey of weight loss. I am down over fifty pounds at this point. That is a drastic change considering I started at the beginning of the school year. However I have found that my strict requirements for food have made eating a chore. I truly get no pleasure from it any longer. I find this incredibly heartbreaking. My Italian, creative, adventurous nature misses the excitement and the exploration that food allowed. Although food and cooking are no longer the enjoyable event they once were, I crave that. I don't really crave food. Its not the food I miss, but the variety.

Beyond food I have attempted to find other ways to fill that ever growing void I am discovering. I wish blogging had been my first response but as I said, inspiration lacks. I have taken back to reading again. If I do not force myself to open my laptop, I can complete nearly an entire book before bed. I have also allowed myself to start the holidays early. I enjoy Christmas more than any other time of the year. I figure that it should bring back some of that passion I lack. Lastly, I am getting worlds more done around the house. This is not my idea of a good time, but my family surely appreciates it.

Ive done tons of laundry!

I laugh at myself for writing such a random and unusual post. I do promise that in the very near future I will have a few Christmas related posts. I really want to work on my gift guide before black Friday rolls around I also hope to get in a post about thankfulness, since Thanksgiving is only a week away.

I would love to hear your tips and thoughts on inspiration. It would be soothing to know that I am not alone or get advice from those who have perfected the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment