Sunday, February 22, 2015

Healthy Blueberry Apple Crisp

So, over the weekend I made this delicious apple crisp. I posted a picture of it on social media and nearly everyone begged for the recipe. That right there tells me this is will be a popular post! Although I didn't use any exact measurements when I made it, I have a very good eye for cooking and baking without recipes. Below is my best estimation of what I did! I do hope you enjoy it. It was very popular at my house.

Ingredients
1 Gala apple
1 Cup of frozen, unsweetened blueberries, defrosted
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 single serve package of plain instant oatmeal
1 serving of "I cant believe its not butter" spray (5 squirts)
1 tbsp Walden Farms Syrup
.5 cup of Splenda
Dash of vanilla extract 
Non-stick spray

First, mix 1/4 cup of Splenda with blueberries in a bowl and place in fridge. Spray a small glass baking pan with non-stick spray.

Cut apples into thin slices, removing stem and seeds. Line the bottom of the glass pan with the apples and sprinkle with 1 tsp of cinnamon and 14 cup of Splenda. Place in the fridge. Preheat oven to 325.

To make the topping- mix the package of oatmeal, the Walden Farms Syrup, dash of vanilla, 5 sprays of the "butter" and the other tsp of cinnamon in a bowl. It should have a somewhat chunky, crumbly consistency.

Remove the apple and blueberry mixtures from the fridge. By this point the blueberries should have a sweet juice made from the Splenda and natural blueberry juice. Pour that entire mixture on top of the apples. Then crumple the oatmeal mixture over the top.

Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes. The apples should be soft. Serves 2-4.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment