Thursday, February 12, 2015

Spinach Turkey Sauce

Although I have been busy the last few days, I return with so much going on. I have fantastic news to share at some point. I also have multiple recipes to share, ideas to discuss, and fun thing to write about it! It is exciting!

Anyway, today I have a DELICIOUS recipe to share with you. I made this dish for my family and I and everyone enjoyed it. It has plenty of veggies and tons of flavor! If you are extra healthy you can use veggie noodles.


Ingredients
  • 1 can of Italian diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of plain tomato sauce
  • 5-8 cups of fresh spinach
  • 1 lbs of ground turkey
  • 1 tsp of oregano
  • 1 tsp of onion powder
  • 1tsp of basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet brown ground turkey. While browning add in onion powder.
2. When ground turkey is browned, add slightly drained can of diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins. 
3. Add the rest of the spices and simmer and extra 2 mins. Stirring to make sure all spices are mixed evenly.
4. Add spinach and simmer until leaves wilt. Stir well. Lastly add the can of sauce. Heat until desired temperature.

This sauce can be served of noodles or veggie noodles. Add Parmesan to taste. I even ate it alone with a side of roasted brussel sprouts. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment