Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dear Mom

The deep dark hole of an internet-less apartment can nearly drive someone into insanity. My heart is broken over all the missed posts and glorious time on Pinterest. However, life must go on. The theme for this month is "A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart". I won't lie, I borrowed this title from a VeggieTales movie. November is a perfect time to be reminded how blessed we are. Its also a good opportunity to thank those who have blessed us! I plan to write letter of thanks each post this month. Each letter will be addressed to a person, company, or organization that has blessed me.

All that being said, I want to start this month of with a letter to the most important and influential woman in my life. I have her to thank for so much. Without further ado...

Dear Mom,
There is no other person on Earth who has the impact you have had on my life. Thank you for giving up dreams and plans to raise me I know how big a thing it is to have a baby now.You gave me the world view that keeps me grounded, strong, and hardworking. Thank you for all the skills that you instilled in me. From cooking and housekeeping to multitasking and critical thinking, you made me the woman I am today. Thank you for being an example of helping others and building strong relationships. I have learned how to lead others, give selflessly, and nurture those around me, all from you. Even today, I look at you as an example of those things. You are a picture of overcoming insurmountable obstacles and challenges. I only wish I was more like you in that area. Thank you for giving me a love for others and a strong background of tradition. I know you worry sometimes about my desire for self perfection, but you are quite the example to live up to. On behalf of all those lives you have blessed, thank you. I love you so much.

I could have spent all day writing things I'm thankful to my mother for, but I spared you all the crazy stories and personal details!

I have some fun to share with you on the next post, so be on the look out. (Think GIVEAWAY)

No comments:

Post a Comment