Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Exciting News!



I have some exciting news to share with everyone. It seems like that this time of year is a good one for my family! As most of you already know, my family moved over the past two weeks. It has been nice to have a place of our own. However, with moving comes stress.  I am trying to keep the excitement of it above the stress level. 

Speaking of stress, job hunting is still full time for my hubby! We have high hopes considering recent interviews and contacts. Perhaps we will be seeing a turnaround for the better before Christmas. We will be glad to take financial struggles off the stress table.
Anyway, on to the most exciting news of all! I was recently contacted by Food Lion to join their “Food Lion Frugal Cook-Off”! They take a select group of local bloggers, put them on teams and set them up on a challenge! This is a great opportunity to share my blog with others and meet new friends. Beyond that, if my team wins our dish will be featured at a local restaurant for a whole week and our team will be featured on our local news channel! 




The competition takes place next week on November 6th at 6pm. We will be given a $15 budget, 45 minutes cook time, a team of bloggers, and access to a restaurant kitchen! I have high hopes and I’m super excited.



So, if you are a local reader… please let me know if you would like to join the audience for this event.  I would love to have a few readers cheering me on. Please see my contact information. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad they contacted you! I gave them your info! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you last night at the Food Lion event. Your dish looked really good!

    ReplyDelete