Sunday, August 18, 2013

Thoughts of Zombies, Purgatory, Denial

I cant believe it is the end of Summer.

I don't know if you realize, but Summer is literally coming to an end. School is beginning for most and life if going back to normal. Except for mine. I owe you an apology for my disappearance, but I am am tired and in denial.

Zombies

My nine month old has decided he no longer needs sleep. I am collateral. He wakes every 45 minutes. You may think I am exaggerating, but I kid you not. By about four I have to talk calmly to myself, remind myself I love him, and wake my husband. I am the walking dead. I am the definition of a Zombie. I'd be careful if you decide to come around, because I could choose to eat your brains at any moment.
He thinks not sleeping is pretty darn funny!



Purgatory

My husband and I have been waiting.....waiting for news of jobs, interviews to happen, and life to chance. I don't believe in purgatory myself, but if it exists, it surely feels like this. With no place of your very own in a waiting game. Sort of like the in the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" I am in the "most useless place. The Waiting Place." I'd like to tell God, "uncle" but  know that would only make it worse. So, whatever he has planned, I let it be and I'll just keep waiting.

Light at the End of the Tunnel

My husband was actually the one who begged me to get back on the horse. I had to agree, this blog keeps me sane and since sleep can't help with that endeavor, something ought to. I was supposed to be talking about going back to school. I work at a school currently, and so that moment will be arriving for me shortly. Over the last few weeks I will try to cover as much as I can. I want to talk about my favorite back to school finds, creating a family routine, and fashionable work wear for teachers. 


I've missed you. I hope you are as happy for my return as I am to be back! Lets get me sane, ok?
A little glimpse of missed life for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment