Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Educational & Professional Resoultions

Since I haven't kept to my word and posted daily, I have a little bit of catching up to do. So, I've put two closely related goals together. These are not always closely related for everyone, but in my case they are.

Educational


I have little hopes on going back to school this year... so I had to settle for something reasonable. I decided that taking one class or seminar on an area of interest would be more than enough of a goal this year. even this may be asking a bit too much with all the craziness that comes with working and having two wild boys!

Professional


My professional goals are a bit more involved that my educational goals. This is partially because the two can be combined and I can knock them out at the same time. Here is a run down of these goals:
  • Do three professional trainings
  • Do three activities to be more actively involved at my current school (If you didnt know, I am a Instructional Assistant.)
This is the first time I have included professional goals in my personal resolutions. With the position I have, it isn't common or popular to do more than we have to. However, I am a firm believer in the "bloom where your planted" philosophy.  I can't expect to move up, do more, or feel better about my position if I am not willing to give it 100% or more.

I hope that my sharing my resolutions and goals thus far has inspired you to think outside the traditional box when it comes to New Year's resolutions. There is so much more we can do with this very special time- the start of a brand new year. With a new year we can change our perspective. Reconsider our plans and prepare for an awesome year.





No comments:

Post a Comment