Sunday, January 26, 2014

Healthy Eating

source
I think everyone decides to make a change in their eating at the beginning of the new year. We just spent the last two months eating (stuffing our faces more like) with very little exercise if your like me.

So, like the crowd I have a few healthy eating goals myself. I think making the transition slow will be the least painless way to do it. I'm really making these changes for my whole family, not just myself.
  • Reduce intake of sugary foods. This is best done by not having it around the house!
  •  Reduce intake of fatty foods. Again, less likely to be eaten if we don't have it!
  • Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This one is more personal, but truly necessary. 
 None of these are really about weight loss. Its more about upping energy, feeling better, and providing my husband and kids with healthy balanced diets. Of course I'm trying to make other healthy changes as well, but these are the goals I'm focusing on. I look forward to making these changes and many more over the next 12 months. I'm sure you will hear about them as they occur. If not from me, the whines from my husband and kids should be evident!


This is where I once again ask for your help. Share you healthy recipes and ideas below. How did you get the new habits to stick? What makes it easier? I welcome links in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment