Saturday, June 21, 2014

Reinstating Church Hats

For those of you have been reading my blog long enough, you know that I have a little problem when I decide that something that it is out of fashion should return. I go a tad bit overboard and buy a few (or 50) of whatever fashion do-dad I am crushing on at the moment. I have a new one! The wonderful, classic, elegant....
Church Hat!



Please tell me I am not too young or too white to start wearing them. All I can say is that if I am, I'm sorry because I am doing it. At this point there is very little anyone can do to stop me. I already own a few. This comes from years of plays and collecting, which I am no so thankful for.

At times I get sad that some of the most lovely fashions of the female world fade away. Beautiful hats, delicate handkerchiefs, white gloves all have such wonderful appeal to me. Add to this list the lost love for well made costume jewelry... Im dying!

So, here is my new goal- Every Sunday that I am not working in the back with the kiddos at my church, I am wearing a church hat. I want to bring back this beautiful tradition. I wont lie, I'd like to go back to a day where you wore one every day when you went our, but that may be a bit too much for this modern world we live in!

The pictures on this post is my collection of hats. Now I am working on my collection of hat pins to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment