Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Weird and Wonderful

Have you ever thought about how weird and wonderful each and every person is. Think about this quote from Dr. Seuss,

“We're all a little weird and life's a little weird. And when we find someone who's weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

Really, how true is that?!  There truly is no normal person. I was thinking about that the other day. I was trying to think about the little weird things about me. I mean, I know that most people know my major likes and dislikes, but what about the small stuff? Do you know all the small stuff about your spouse? Your kids? Your friends? The answer is likely no. So, here are a few of mine to get you thinking.

  • I am a compulsive list maker. This little problems forces me to carry around paper and pen pretty much everywhere I go.
  • I am always drawn to the color coral in fashion. Although this is not my favorite color, it has a way of getting to me like no other color can.
  • I think sprinkles are awesome. Ice-cream, cookies, cake, and candy are all better with those little colored specs.
  • I love to organize my jewelry box for fun.
  • The smell of new crayons and books are fantastic.
  • I enjoy the process and preparation of party planning probably more than the party itself.
  • I have a small shopping addiction.
  • I have a deep love for the country of Japan. This started at a very early age when I felt the calling to be a missionary.
  • I am currently going through an aversion to peanut butter sandwiches. I don't know why.
  • I love to read self help books!

So, what little things did you come up with? Please share, I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment