Friday, January 23, 2015

Cool Kids


I have a confession to make. When I was young I was a complete outcast. I was looked down upon for my weight, my faith, and my fashion. The sad thing about it all is that I wanted nothing more than to be like the "cool kids." I wanted to fit in. I wanted to be the one who got to make the rules.

I'm disappointed to say that I let other people's opinions of me taint many years of my life. I am not sure when it happened exactly, but eventually I let that go. Now I do what I want. I dress how I like. As my for my faith, it keeps me strong. As my thoughts about myself changed, so did how everyone saw me. I don't know how it happened, but I feel like a "cool kid."

Now, people ask me for fashion advice. Now, I am looked up to and appreciated for my contributions. I have things that other people dream of- husband, kids, a job I enjoy, and I do what I love and make money from it (writing). I am not saying all this to brag. I say it because I never really changed. What changed is my opinion of myself!

So here is my encouragement for today. Your so much "cooler" than you realize. Be you. There is no more awesome YOU in this world. People will come around in their own time. Don't let the "haters" bring you down! I think you straight out rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment