Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Year In Review

As I welcome a new year, I have come to grips with the fact that last year was not as perfect as I would have liked. I had big plans for the year. I had lots of hope. I always find new beginnings refreshing, exciting and nerve racking! I figured for my first post of the new year I would do two things. First, I will explain my absence and second I will review my goals from last year. If you joined recently, you can find those original posts here.

As for my leave of absence, there were several reasons. I really needed a break. I was lacking inspiration and suffering from mild depression. Although this is not completely foreign to me, it did seem to drain my writing abilities. Second, I had far too full of plate. I was spread too thin. I was so tired when I got home that writing was really the last thing on my mind. Lastly, my husband and family needed me. We have gone through job losses, illness, and the holidays all in a few short months. Now, after my break I feel more motivated and a little bit more inspired. I sought help, I took a breather, and I am back in the game.

Since my explanation is out of the way, I would love to take a look at last years goals and whether they were accomplished. I'm actually surprised how many were. I was a little bit optimistic when I wrote them!

So, here they are:

Romance/ Marriage Goals

1. I would like to write, say, or do something to build up and encourage my husband on a daily basis. You know, I don't really know if I accomplished this one. If I did, I was not purposeful about it. However, now that I am reading it... it is a super good goal. I may reconsider it.
2. Make it a point to have a "date" on a monthly basis Yeah, this one did not happen. Money was short and kids are hard. I hope for better chances this year.

Food/ Health Goals

1. Reduce intake of sugary foods. Yes, I actually did do this! I have done all three of my food/ health goals. Below I will show an update on my progress!
2. Reduce intake of fatty foods.
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Educational/ Professional

1. Take one class or seminar on an area of interest I went to Bloggy Conference 2014 and it was awesome. I do hope to get some sponsors to go again!
2. Do three professional trainings I did a little bit more than that! I am now a certified Behavior Technician.
3. Do three activities to be more actively involved at my current school I tried, I've done at least one, but this year has been busy like I said.

Service Goals

1. Be involved with some form a volunteer service 3 times this year If working at church counts I more than completed this goal!
2. Knit at least 10 baby caps for the local hospital to be given at the end of the year. Sadly, this is another fail. I never got to the first one!

Cleaning/ Household Management Goals

1. Clean one thing before bed every night. This might have happened once a week.
2. Create and post family rules If you are a loyal reader, you already know this didn't happen. we have rules, just not posted and "official".
3. Give my oldest son a chore list I need to get this up and running!
4. Create and stick to a basic menu and shopping list Nope
5. Create and use a household management binder Made the binder but didn't use it!

Physical Goals

1. Take at least 1 exercise class I rocked both these goals!
2. Do something active (and purposeful) at least 3 times a week.

 Blogging

1. Post at least 3 time a week here on Casseruola Dolce Della Vita
2. Post at least 2 times a week over at Missionary Manda's Musings
3. Post at least once a week at Growing Up Around the Table Let's just say frowny face all around!

Fashion

1. Clean out at least 4 articles from my closet that haven't been used in the past 6 months. That was done, nothing fit!
2. Paint my nails on a weekly basis and my toes on a monthly basis. Another no.

Saving/ Money Management Goals

 1. Put away a little money for each of my boys a month. no
 2. Use more coupons! I did ok with this.
 3. Save at least 50 a month. no
 4. Create a workable budget. I wish I had done better with this one.
 5. Put a small sum into an emergency fund each month. another no

 Reading Goals

1. Read 2 books on household management/ money I don't think I did... I dunno. I read  A LOT of self help books.
2. Read 2 books on marriage Yes
3. Read 2 books for pleasure Yes
4. Read 2 book on parenting Aww, no I didn't do that.

So, that was how I did! Not as bad as it could have been. As you can see my health ending up being my main focus. I will write about it in the near future but for now- here is my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment