Thursday, January 8, 2015

Let's Be Practical

It's about time that I get together the goals I would like to accomplish this year. I plan to be more practical this year. I think one goal under each category is not too much to ask of myself. I am still a believer in dreaming big and reaching for the stars. I am also a firm follower of the concept "expect more, get more." In fact, those things follow me through many aspects of my life. (Some of this comes from being a perfectionist.) So, without further ado...

Romance/Marriage Goals

After reviewing last year's goal's in this area and how badly I failed at them, I decided to retry one of those. They were such worthy goals that I just couldn't let them go!

I would like to write, say, or do something to build up and encourage my husband on a daily basis. He deserves it. Although it may be easy to find flaws, it is important to remember that no one is perfect and that a marriage will benefit from that kind of positivity.

Food-Health Goals

Finding a goal for this one is a bit harder. With all the changes I've already made, it feels like there is so little left. My biggest weakness in this area may be creating health conscious meals that the whole family can eat. I sometimes find myself making a small healthy meal for me and giving everyone else something easy. That is clearly doing them no good!

Educational/Professional Goals

Basically, my only goal here this year is to once and for all decide what I want to do. I need to come to a clear conclusion on if I plan to go back to school or not. I need to decide what degree I pursue if I do. After already completing on degree and many trainings, I am just not sure. A decision will be made this year!

Service Goals

This year I want to learn to serve as a family. I want to teach my children to care for others above themselves. I want to take every opportunity I can to serve as a family. At this point in time I am not sure what that looks like, but it is my goal.


Cleaning/ Household Management Goals

I think it would be reasonable to expect that one load of dishes gets done a day.

Physical Goals

I want to be able to jog 3 miles. Specifically by April when I intend to do the color run!

Blogging Goals

I really want to get at least 15 posts a month between my blogs. The more the better though!

Fashion Goals

We will be talking more about this over the month, but I want to really build and understand my signature style so I can only have pieces I love.

Saving/ Money Management Goals

 Put something... anything into savings EVERY month. If I accomplish this, it will be the biggest feat of all!

Reading Goals

Readers already know my love for self help books, so its not worth including them in my goals this year. I will surely read plenty of them. If I can find them, I will usually read them. However, I do think it would be important for me to focus more attention this year into getting deeper in the Word of God. This year my reading goal is to read from the Bible on a daily basis. Surely this is the most useful book of all that I can read.

So that completes this year's goals. I look forward to going back to these again next year and seeing how I did. I can only hope that I do as well as last year with its hefty list of goals.

Now I want to know, what are your goals this year? Do you create goals for each aspect of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment