Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Decked Mac & Cheese

I won't lie, I LOVE macaroni and cheese. The cheap boxed stuff especially! However, it would get boring if I made my family eat just that on a regular basis. I don't. I make mac and cheese into lots of things! That is where today's recipe comes in!

Decked Mac & Cheese


Ingredients

  • 2 boxes of mac and cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon of butter or margrine
  • 2- 3 of you favorite frozen or canned veggies (I used peppers, kidney beans, and green beans)
  • 1 precooked chicken breast- cut into bite size peices
  • Milk as needed
First, you place all frozen foods in pot with water for pasta. Bring to boil.
 Second, cook noodles according to box directions. Drain and remove from the heat. Add the cheese packets, sour cream, and butter. Stir until mixture completely covers the noodles. It may be thick at this time. The veggies will add some liquid.

Next, stir in the canned veggies.

Add milk if needed. Serve immediately. This can be served with some extra shredded cheese or breadcrumbs on top.



It was another hit for my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment