Saturday, October 4, 2014

Preschool Bentos

I warned you that you would get whatever popped into my brain!

As most if you know, I am starting to really love the idea of bento lunches. However, I have only one child in school and he is preschool age. So, I started packing simple, preschool friendly bentos on his school days. He goes twice a week and I am having blast created lunches that will make his buddies jealous. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Bat Bento

Car Bento, notice the read and green "light" cereal

Pumpkin Bento

Superhero bento

Yellow Bento, for yellow day at school

pirate bento, with treasure juice box
Ben (my son) has seemed to enjoy his lunches so far this year. I look forward to creating more as the year goes by. I always use whatever I already have in the house. Other great bento supplies include:
  • tooth picks
  • paper
  • cookie cutters
  • food pens
  • sprinkles
  • muffin papers
  • fun shaped foods
I hope this inspires a little bit of creativity for you. It really doesn't take much money or even much time to create these fun little lunches. These meals take me between 10 and 20 minutes to design, create, and pack.

Have bento fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment