Saturday, April 26, 2014

Inspirational Imaginary Women

April is the month I choose to focus on ladies from both the past and present that have or currently inspire me in someway. I am purposefully choosing to only speak on those aspects of each woman.

As you can tell, I'm home!  My spring break was nice, not nearly as relaxing as I ever wish. I hope you didn't miss me too much. Today I have something a little different for my inspirational women. There are two imaginary women who are of great inspiration to me. I wasn't sure where or even if I should include them, but here they are!

Ms. Frizzle

source
Truly one of my biggest role models for being an educator. She is everything I want to be as a teacher, quirky, fun, brilliant, and adored. Beyond that, her abilty to educate children in "magical". She knows how to capture the minds, creativity, and hearts of her students. She brings education to life. What teacher does not want to do this?! Her words will always be engraved in my mind.
source

If I could be one woman, it would be her. I can say that with confidence.


Mary Poppins


source
Need I explain her miracle working powers? Her ability to stay calm and collected is amazing. The fact she can make children rise up to any occasion, priceless. Not to mention her fabulous bag full or tricks. She made being a nanny (dare I say it)...cool. Even better that she was played by Julie Andrews, an amazing woman in her own right.

Plus, she is "practically perfect in every way," and who wouldn't want to be that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment