Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Childhood Inspirations

 April is the month I choose to focus on ladies from both the past and present that have or currently inspire me in someway. I am purposefully choosing to only speak on those aspects of each woman.

There are so many women who have truly changed the outcome of my being, my whole self. However, I am sure that is the case of all adult women.

The first, and probably most important will always be my mother. There is no greater female influence in a girl's life. My life is no exception. My mother has taught me so many things that make me who I am. I have written about her many times for this reason. Through perseverance she defies odds daily. Through creativity she feeds when there is little, makes beauty out of rags, and blessings out of emptiness.

Second is Mrs. W. A wonderful, godly neighbor that my family was blessed with where I grew up. She brought me to church, took time to mentor and teach me, and truly cared about me. To me she is something like an adopted grandmother.

Third I have Mrs. G, a teacher in middle school who pulled me out of my math hating rut. She took the extra time to help me understand and change my outlook on my abilities. I am to this day now fairly capable in math. I think a good teacher changes everything.

Last but by far least is Pastor D. One of my life's few spiritual guides. She taught me how to truly love others by loving me. I miss talking to her.

I have many other ladies who inspire and change me on a daily basis even today. Due to the fact I don't have permission to use their names, I will use their initials like I did for the ladies above. I just want to shout out a little thanks to each of them.

C, You are like no other teacher I know. No one has a heart quite like yours. You are a blessing to everyone you meet. Your energy is amazing. You are a dear friend and a great woman!

Mrs. T, you have no idea what you encourage in my on a daily basis. The patience and skill in a classroom are my goals for a future classroom. You may not realize how much of a mentor and friend you have become to me.

C, its a quiet admiration from afar that I have for you.We are not close, but I often wish we were. You are so joyful and fun. You are stylish a chic. You are my ideal of a beautiful woman, inside and out.


 Well, that is all the time we have for April. Next month is a new month with a new theme. I cant honestly remember how many different themes Ive offered up to you guys, but I think I'm leaning toward 30 Days to a Refreshed You. I say this because I am in need. We will see what tomorrow holds!

Speaking of tomorrow, my giveaway ends tomorrow evening. If you haven't yet entered my Spring Break Giveaway, get to it! Its so easy to do, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment