Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mary, The Mother of Jesus

April is the month I choose to focus on ladies from both the past and present that have or currently inspire me in someway. I am purposefully choosing to only speak on those aspects of each woman.

Mary, The Mother of Jesus
Source


I won't lie, I'm a little bit intimated by Mary. I've thought about it so many times and I just can't make myself believe that I could have, would ever, or have ever been anywhere closer to her point of perfection.

I can only imagine God's selection process for that job!

There had to be an amazing amount of strength, purity, and straight out faith in her life. There is nothing I can come up with that would be quite as nerve racking and scary as revealing an unplanned and unexplainable pregnancy in a time where that meant death. I can't imagine the strength it took to continue to live each day and know you are being thought of as all kinds of "un-pure" things.I can't imagine the strength it takes to raise a child you know is GOD! Going along with all this is faith. Having the faith in the knowledge of the gift she was given and future ahead, is mind blowing. When most people struggle to hold onto a "mustard seed" of faith, she surely had mountains of it.

The purity of Mary's heart is probably the most notable reason for her selection as Jesus' mother. I can't manage to make it an hour before I've lost my temper, thought grumpy thoughts, or did something I know just wasn't up to par. Although there is no perfect person, there must have been something pretty amazing about her.




No comments:

Post a Comment