Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 17: Oh La La


So, yesterday was date night! I must say it was long needed too. Don't get me wrong, we had fun all day with the kids, but we needed couple time. I have Gwynnie Bee to thank for this very sexy dress I had on. Steamy! My husband and I went out for Italian food and ice-cream. Perfect, I didn't even have to share my ice-cream! 

Now, during the day we took grandpa bowling with us. Benjamin got to wear his brand new bowling shoes. He was SUPER excited. If you are doing AMF's free bowling with your children, I would recommend buying them a pair. The cost of rentals can get expensive. We bought Benjamin a size too big, so he is a bit clumsy in them. Hopefully that means he will make it through the whole summer with them!
The boys all had a good time and enjoyed a little friendly competition. Grandpa won.

Today did not go as planned however. My husband took my son to Regal theaters' summer movie program in the morning. Many theaters offer summer deals, so check it out! We were supposed to go to the park in the afternoon, but off and on storms prevented our plans. Perhaps tomorrow or Friday we will make it up to him. Tomorrow is library day. We have a special story time, but we should be able to "squeeze" the park in.

Orange Rhino

Unfortunately, I have failed twice today and once yesterday on my no yelling challenging. I didn't really yell, but I raised my voice unneedingly. When nerves are short and things seem stressful, its very hard to keep your cool. I quickly lowered my tone and got myself in check. It would kill me to have to start the whole thing over again. Perhaps I'm glad I'm not doing the full Orange Rhino Challenge yet. I truly want to be a better mother than I am. Some advice I got recently from the the author of the Orange Rhino blog has helped me a lot. She said,"All day tell yourself positive affirmations." So today when I felt down and like a "bad mommy" I reminded myself that I take good care of my boys. I make sure they are fed, the get baths, teeth brushed, nails clipped, ears cleaned, the have toys, and clothes. I can say that my kids don't realize when money is tight, or they don't have what I want them to have. They see that I read to them every night and kiss their boo-boos and thats all that matters!

Looking Forward


The Giveaway comes to an end on Monday the 24th. So make sure to check out the entry requirements here!  Also, I'm interested in hearing what you all are doing with your families this summer. Anything fun and affordable? Also, next month is my BIRTHDAY! I will be doing a little more soul searching next month. I will be sharing all the things I have done over the past 25 years and sharing a few things I want to do on my way heading to 30. I will discuss what I feel I lack and what I have more than my years worth of. It should be interesting to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment