Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 2: Monsoon Season

My husband jokingly stated today that "when it rains it pours and it seems we are in monsoon season!" Truer words have never been spoken. As we both try to work on our goal of not yelling, we have life hitting us hard in the face. Today my husband's car broke down! We had to have it towed and we are waiting for news we don't want to get. This change of plans lead to fits from the kids who were looking forward to the playground. I'm sure you can guess where we did NOT go today! Ah, it seems that God chooses the times of our lives to teach and train us in things we didn't even know we needed to learn.

Today's goal for Orange Rhino was to come up with a support group. So, I ask you today... will you keep me in check? Will you help me keep my cool? Distract me. Comfort me. Whatever... just remind me that I want to be the best parent I can be.


My Outfit


I haven't had many outfits to share recently. Gwynnie Bee helped me look lovely today. I really like black on black. Its slimming and fashionable. I also enjoy using my accessories to add color. What is your favorite way to add color when you wear black?

I did learn something today. I will never purchase a sequin shirt (again). This shirt, although lovely, cut my arms up from the elbow down. I have battle scars! I have now labeled this shirt, "plus size sequin torture". If you love sparkle as much as I do, you would understand how sad this makes me. I will have to find other ways to shine!


Looking Forward

Starting on the 11th of June, I will be home for the summer. This will start the first day of my summer fashion and my fun planned weeks with the family. I look forward to both very much. I hope to find many more affordable and exciting things to do with them as I go. As far as fashion goes, I may find a few photos to try to attempt to copy in style. I think I have settled into boho for the summer. Its a style I have never attempted. I think people who typically wear it have a natural gift for pulling it off. I may fail just because I am "trying" to make it work. We will have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment