Sunday, September 22, 2013

30 Before 30: 21 & 22

21. Set up an account for retirement.

No, I don't have one. Yes, I know I should. No, I cant do it yet. Ok, that is not completely true. I am a part of my employer's retirement. I work for a school so its government retirement. I just don't add anything extra to it. Knowing is half the battle, thats why its on my list to do before I turn thirty.

22. Set up and start putting money in savings accounts for the boys' futures.

I do have an account for Benjamin, but its lacking funds. My hope is that we would teach them to put half of everything they get as gifts in the account. I also hope to make small monthly "donations" to each account as well. I have student loans coming out the whazoo from paying for college. I'd like to lesson their burden.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment