Sunday, September 15, 2013

30 Before 30: Fifteen

15. Volunteer outside my comfort zone.

One of my very dear friends suggested this one and I am totally on board! I'm already pretty active with church and schools, but I am open to helping others in any way that I can. Since children are my comfort zone, I have a lot of choices of things outside it to do.

Truthfully, I would like to make it a priority in my life to volunteer regularly. I desire to teach my sons the valuable lessons my mother taught me. I want to show them how to give, how to sympathize, and bless the lives of others. I want those values to be so much a part of our lives that they find it odd one day when the realize not every one is like that.

The world would be different place if we made it a point to see everyone else's life changed for the better with every encounter.

What great values are you trying to install in the future generations?

1 comment: