Monday, September 16, 2013

30 Before 30: Sixteen

Before I give you today's addition to my list, I have a confession to make... I hated gym in school. I don't really like being told HOW to be active and I have no desire to wear too tight of gym shorts because its cheaper than offering my actual size. Needless to say, I wont claim I learned much in my years of physical education. (However, since working in schools as an adult, I've learned a lot from the gym teachers.) This leads me to number sixteen.

16. Learn how to hula hoop.


I won't lie, I'm kind of a little jealous when the kids are hula hooping. Is it as fun as it looks? I really want to figure it out. No matter how hard I seem to try, I seem to fail. Are my hips too big? Am I too slow? Too fast? Am I using the wrong kind of hula hoop?!

If children can master this, surely I can by the age of 30! I'm sorry I didn't make a greater effort Mr. and Mrs. Gym teachers of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment