Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pork Chop Cacciatore

Finally! Something I can succeed on cooking. I was just saying earlier today that if I failed on making Italian food, I was really in trouble. My family heritage is Italian and I've always been proud of my ability to make Italian dishes.

Today's meal was simple and easy. I did however speed up the process, rather than using the slow cooker like the original recipe for pork chop cacciatore stated. The only difference is using higher heat on the stove top. My family enjoyed it and I felt comfortable making it.

We ate the meal with corn on the cob, by request of my mother-in-law. I think it would be perfectly fine on its own. I also covered mine in mozzarella cheese after this photo. I LOVE cheese!

I apologize for not getting the cake done today. It truly saddens me. Sometimes mommy duty takes way too much out of me. I'm hoping to make it early next week.

Looking Forward

I continue My "Julia" project still next week. This is what I hope to make:
  • Pan Seared Steak Rolls
  • Lemon-Ricotta Pasta with Peas and Seared Scallops
  • White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
  • Crepes with Lemon Ricotta and Blackberries 
As well as the cake I missed this past week. I didn't make as high of expectations this week. Hopefully I will actually finish!

My Outfit

I had to show off this great Gwynnie Bee dress. I love it so much, I may purchase it.

Its the first time I've worn a true wrap dress. It was very flattering and comfortable!

A Nice Walk

After dinner my whole family enjoyed the nice Spring weather we had today. I hope you are taking advantage of it if it is nice near you as well!


These photos were taken after our walk. Notice my husband's pleasant expression...


1 comment: