Saturday, April 13, 2013

English Beef Pot Pie With Puff Pastry

I think I was just not meant to follow a recipe correctly. I fail just about every time. I have also learned that I can NEVER be a baker. My hands are far too warm. This is the second time I have worked with puff pastry and I cant get it right. I kind of followed a recipe for Individual English Beef Pot Pies, adapting it to make it easier on myself.  I still stayed up way too late making it. It will hopefully be a tasty lunch tomorrow.

a closer look at crust
















I have so much to share today it is crazy. I intend to cover my outfit and an awesome weekend craft you can do with your children. If I can keep my eyes open long enough that is...

My Outfit

I hope you were lighting it up blue today! Today was Autism Awareness day. The symbol of a puzzle piece and the color blue have been adopted as the official awareness markers. I currently work with several students who are affected by this daily. Many schools announce this as a special occasion to wear blue and encourage children that each person is special and unique.



I can thank Gwynnie Bee again for my lovely shirt. The rest of the outfit are some of my normal basics.

Lunch

You know how I love Friday lunches because they are bento days! Below is a glimpse of my son's cute little lunch.


Weekend Project

This is an affordable way to reproduce the fun of store bought scratch art.
Before you begin you need:
  1. Paper (for quicker projects, cut into fourths)
  2. Crayons
  3. Dark Tempera or poster paint
  4. Paint brush
  5. tooth picks or Popsicle sticks  
Instructions:
  1. Have your children color the entire sheet of paper with crayons. The more colorful the better.
  2. Paint over the colored paper with paint. Cover as much of the crayon as possible.
  3. Let dry. This has to be completely dry to work.
  4. After drying, use a tooth pick or Popsicle stick to scratch out a picture on the paper.
  5. Display artwork!
For younger children it may be best to help them color their entire pages with crayon and paint. You can even use colorful paper (like wrapping paper), if you don't have time color for them.



Contest Reminder!


 Remember the contest ends TOMORROW at 8pm. See here to find out how to win a box of my favorite things!


My Night

I just wanted to say good night by showing you a little bit of what we did today!






No comments:

Post a Comment