Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Raspberry Fudge Brownies

Welcome to day 2 of My "Julia" Project! 

Today I made Raspberry Fudge Brownies. OMG! That is really all I can say. They may be the best brownies I have ever eaten. I failed at making them look pretty, but was successful when it comes to taste. This was my first attempt at making brownies from scratch. I was amazed how easy the brownie part was, but I was surprised how much work the rest was. These brownies are not a quick dessert. They are a process and require cooling between each step. The recipe could easily be adapted to almost any fruit flavor. If you can buy a jelly or jam in the flavor, you can make it. My cooking time took about ten minutes longer than the recipe. So be aware and get to know how your oven works.




They were not easy to cut. Perhaps I didn't wait for them to cool long enough. My suggestion is to allow several hours, but I only waited about an hour and a half.

Reading Suggestion
Since I have been thinking a lot about the idea of the Proverbs 31 woman, I thought I would recommend a book. Last year I read a great book about a woman who tried her hardest to become the woman described in Proverbs 31. Along the way she does some crazy, silly, and amazing things. Check out her adventure in The Proverbs 31 Lady and Other Impossible Dreams. I am sure you will laugh and sympathize.

Contest Reminder!

 Remember the contest ends April 13th at 8pm. See here to find out how to win a box of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment