Thursday, April 11, 2013

Brown Sugar Honeyed Pears in Puff Pastry





This should have been Honeyed Pears in Puff Pastry, but due to the lack of honey I had to adapt the recipe... again. I must say, it was still delicious! I did learn a few things during the process of making it. First, larger pears will require a lot more time simmering than the recipe above calls for. Second, I suck and wrapping pears with puff pastry because I am not patient enough to wait for things to defrost. That is not entirely my fault though. Two screaming children and no extra hands around to help keep them reeled in can make anyone loss their patience.

This was still by far, one of the simplest recipes I've made thus far. It would be perfect in the fall. Below is the process of getting them ready.


 












The whipped cream made a very tasty addition.


My Outfit (Yesterday)

You may have noticed I didn't post yesterday! I apologize. I didn't cook yesterday evening because I had a work dinner for my job with Growing Up in the Valley magazine. I am a sales executive, which is a whole new world for me. I've worked with kids my entire working life. SO, this is a fun new adventure! Anyway, I had to dress the part for a dinner event hosted by the Chamber of Commerce.
 The shirt is another great Gwynnie Bee selection. I love the print. If the blouse had been a different cut, this would have been mine! The skirt is really a sleeveless dress. For a more formal event I will have to show it off for you. Its a simple and slightly formal little black dress from Fashion Bug. The shoes are Mootsie Tootsie. I have no idea where I got them, but they are comfortable. I am a huge fan of peep toes, don't ask me why. I've worn the lovely earring and belt before, so I'll spare those details. I felt the part and very much enjoyed my evening.

Contest Reminder!

 Remember the contest ends April 13th at 8pm. Only a little over one day left! See here to find out how to win a box of my favorite things!


No comments:

Post a Comment