Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day Fourteen: Wish it was Friday

I'm so tired, it feels like it should be Friday! Plus, Friday's bring bento box lunches, weekend fun, and time with my kids. However, I promised a lot for today and I plan on delivering.


My Lunch
I promised I would do better today and I did. I love Japanese and Chinese food, so today I packed some beef and broccoli I made the night before. I also packed some caramel rice cakes to help me fufill my sweet tooth.

 I enjoy eating my Asian food in an authentic way. Ive grown rather skilled at eating with chopstick over my travels. If you cant tell, I even made brown rice!

Now, tomorrow's lunch will be much more fun. St. Patrick's day is on its way, so the meal is fitting. I also made my oldest son a special lunch as well. I may feature his tomorrow along with mine.

  My Outfit
I'm starting to experiment with my peices. After being inspired by other bloggers, I am now keenly aware of the fact that you can do so much more than we actually do with our wardrobe. I wore a dress, which I regretted. It was very chilly this morning and a dress doest protect you much from the weather.
From the bottom: Shiny black flats, sleeveless black dress, button down floral shirt, skinny belt, dangle earrings
 There is so much great detail in the dress I just had to show it off. The metal sequins grace the neckline and give the illusion of a chunky necklace. The also give some character to an otherwise plan dress. This dress was a lucky find at Kmart last summer.

The shirt is from Old Navy. If you were not already aware, Old Navy sells plus sizes on their website. This was purchased in store last spring.

I can thank JC Penny's for the lovely belt. It came with a skirt, but its starting to become a wardrobe basic for me. Skinny belts are also available at Old Navy and Lane Bryant
 

The earrings are one of a kind again. These I purchased while overseas in South Africa. You can find a variety of tribal inspired jewelry and many stores that carry costume jewelry.











Beauty and Health Basics
As I promised, here is my personal list of beauty and health basics. Some of these things are included because Im typically a DIY kind of gal, but if you enjoy the salon- go for it!

Beauty
  • BB Cream- This doubles as health and beauty! Please check out my review of Garnier's BB cream on Day Six
  • Mascara- I dont use waterproof because it is so hard to remove.
  • A mascara brush- I cant stand spider eyes.
  • Eyeliner- I use a shimmery white or silver liner to brighten my eyes. Plus, it removes the need for eyeshadow.
  • Lip stick
  • Lip balm/chapstick- Something that you can cover those beautiful lips with when your not wearing lipstick. I really like Soft Lips.
  • Eye Make-up remover- No one wants to have raccoon eyes.
  • OPI nail polish and top-base coat
  • Emery, buffer, shiner nail file
  • A basic nail kit
Health
  • Multi-vitamin- Go ahead, take a chewy one. They are usually easier on your stomach anyway.
  • Sally Hanson Wax kit
  • Tweezers- Choose a pair with an angled tip.
  • Oil Free face wash- I Like Garnier or Boire.
  • A Scrunchie or loofah sponge
  • Scented body wash- My favorites are Bath and Body Works Sensual Black Currant Vanilla and Classic Sun ripened raspberry
  • Lotion- I also use the above scents in lotion as well.
  • Floss- There is handy flossers on sticks to make the process easier.
  • Toothpaste- For best results go for one with whitening
  • Crest whitening strips- These are helpful when you want to get your smile brighter for a special occasion.
  • Biore pore strips for nose and face- They do wonders on blackheads.
  • BIC Soleil Razors- The higher the blade count the better shave you get. 
 I believe thats everything. If you can think of things you would add or I missed, please feel free to leave a comment below. I would enjoy hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. One of my beauty basics is Witch Hazel. I use it as a toner after I wash my face. I also love a daytime moisturizer with SPF15 (at least) and a nighttime anti-aging moisturizer.

    I also LOVE my eye shadow primer by Urban Decay. That stuff is AMAZING and worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete