Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day Twenty-Four: Snowy Sunday


It was a lovely snowy day today! It makes it even better to know I wont have to go to  work tomorrow. Schools closed already around here, so I'm free! Even with the wintry weather, we did get to go to church. Another great message from my pastor at River Church. After church we had lunch with my parents and did a little shopping adventure at Marshalls. I found several great deals, but with my husband's help, I controlled myself. There were Coach sneaker is my huge size 11, and at sixty bucks they were a good deal... but not needed! I did however get my first pair of cigarette style pants. Its the closest thing to skinnys I have ever gotten. Anyway, on with the post!

My Outfit

Had it not been snowing I would have rocked some kind of heel. I didn't want to risk injury so I stuck to my flats once again.
From top: black dangle earrings, Argyle sweater, suede like studded skirt, flats
Due to cold weather I also opted for a suede like skirt and a warm sweater. I had hoped to dress Spring like by now. Still, I love the skirt. Back before the holidays last year I got it at Lane Bryant. The cute stone studs make it unique and more special than a normal pencil skirt. The sweater is from Old Navy. During the winter they usually have a great selection of sweaters. The earrings are also from Lane Bryant.
Close up of skirt

My Life List

I realize I'm cutting into the theme of this week by finishing this up today. I wasn't very good about keeping up with it over the last few days. I wanted to share a few things I think I want to add to my life list at the bottom of the site. First, I think I want to enter some kind of plus size pageant. I have entered a few traditional pageants, but they just see a fat girl and not who I am. Now that I'm older and married, those are no longer even an option. Second, I want to be able to take care of myself in a few untraditional ways like changing my own tires, oil, and wiper-blades. I think depending on a guy to do all that is silly (although I like when my husband takes care of things).  Third, I want to learn to work with wood. I'd like to complete at least one project in that area.  I also want to learn basic plumbing. Its just a fact of life that things will break! And last, but not least, I want to feel comfortable enough to wear a bikini. That is a huge jump for me, but as I get more comfortable with my curves it may come.

Looking Forward

This coming week we will be focusing on random acts of kindness again.  We will also be looking at my plans for Spring break. It should be a fun collection of things! Since I have no work, there will be no packed lunch included in the post tomorrow. Otherwise, I look forward to sharing more with you!



1 comment: